GPS: S 29°32.544', E 29°57.592'
Book a mainline bus ticket to Howick - the bus will drop you at Howick Falls. If you're coming by Bazbus, ask the driver to drop you at Howick Falls. Then phone us and we'll come and pick you up. The cost of the shuttle is R50. While you're waiting, we suggest going to the Red Tap for a drink or a bite to eat - see the map below. If you're self-catering and need to shop for groceries, we'll stop at a supermarket on the way to Bumpkins Backpackers.
1. Make your way to the corner of Johannes Nkosi and Dr Yusuf Dadoo Streets, GPS: -29.852967, 31.016366. We recommend catching a metered taxi to take you there, however if you're walking the safest way to get there is to start at The Workshop shopping centre and walk north along Samora Machel Drive. The second road you reach, running west to east, is Johannes Nkosi Street. Cross to the northern side of it and head west (away from the beachfront) until you see the KFC outlet on the corner of Johannes Nkosi and Dr Yusuf Dadoo Streets, then ask for a taxi to Pietermaritzburg. The cost is around ZAR55.
2. Ask the driver to drop you off at the Howick Taxi Rank, the first rank as you leave the highway to head into Pietermaritzburg. GPS: -29.589988, 30.392122. At the rank, ask for the taxi to Howick. The cost is around ZAR17.
3. When you reach Howick, take a short walk towards the town centre, cross Main Road outside the Standard Bank and find The Red Tap Pub & Grill. Phone us and we'll come and pick you up. The cost of the shuttle is R50. If you're self-catering and need to shop for groceries, we'll stop at a supermarket on the way to Bumpkins Backpackers.
1. The Durban to Pietermaritzburg taxis are at the corner of Johannes Nkosi Street and Dr Yusuf Dadoo Street, outside the KFC shop. GPS: -29.852967, 31.016366.
2. The Pietermaritzburg to Howick taxi rank is in Church Street, just after the turnoff from the N3 highway. GPS: -29.589988, 30.392122. The taxi driver will know where it is.
3. Take a short walk from the Howick taxi rank to The Red Tap, then phone us to pick you up.